- Professional Member of CanFitPro
- Certified Fitness Instructor Specialist
- Renew CPR certification annually
- Attend fitness-related professional development annually
- Zumba-specific training: B1, B2, Zumba Gold, Strong by Zumba, Plate by Zumba
- I'm over 40
- I have kids
- I have a professional "day job"
- I like to pretend I'm tough by wearing "gansta" workout tanks
- I think that moving, laughing and giving make life worth living
ABOUT MY CLASSES
- We sweat proudly - oh do we sweat!
- We believe in fun, freedom of expression and respect for one another
- We don't do perfection - we prefer AWESOME instead
Still not sure you belong? Let me share my journey...
In 2010 I attended my first ZUMBA Class and I was immediately hooked. The music, the energy, the freedom - it was all so intoxicating. I had always loved to dance, but had never found an opportunity to make it a part of my adult life. After a few more classes, I knew I was on to something. Something I needed to be a part of.
In 2011, I reached my goal of becoming a Licensed ZUMBA Fitness Instructor but, before I could really dive into teaching, I was injured in a freak accident that injured my arm, my back and my side. Even worse, the injuries affected other parts of my body making it painful to walk around and uncomfortable to sleep let alone do ZUMBA Classes! Frustrated by the setback, my enthusiasm took a beating and I began to feel defeated. The weight crept back on as both my teaching and personal fitness goals slipped away.
By 2012, mostly on the mend, I finally decided I was tired of my pity party. It felt weird to be out of shape again. I told my inner critic: "I've done this before and I WILL do it again!" Yes, my ego was going to be bruised. Yes, my first class back was going to be a huffing, puffing, humbling experience. I had worked so hard and was going to have to work hard again. Why? Because I was worth the effort.
I went on a search and found a class, and instructor, that fit like a glove. (Important Note: Every instructor has his or her own style, so if you attend a class and don't really connect, please don't give up. Try a few different classes to find the best for YOU. (When you find THE one, you'll know.) After a time, things felt natural again and there was a lot less huffing and puffing going on. I did it. I was on my way again...
It ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
- Rocky Balboa
LET'S DO THIS!
- Zumba Basic
License to teach regular Zumba® classes.
- Zumba Gold
License to teach specially designed Zumba classes for the active older adult or deconditioned participant.
- E-Learning Nutrition
License to teach Plate by Zumba™ classes.